Friday, March 1, 2013

Triple Dipped Stool Legs

I never got chevrons. I was obsessed with gray back in 2005, way before it was chic. I can do without gold. One trend I cannot stop myself from jumping on is dipped furniture. It is everywhere and I love it. I want to dip the world. Trendiness aside, it is a great way to add color to your home and I need color. Bad.


I picked up this stool at a yard sale a few years ago and it travels around my house to where ever it is needed to reach the top shelf, hold a drink or provide a dog petting perch.  I love it's well worn seat and and rustic chiseled edges. I thought about painting the entire thing, but that would take away all it's charm.




 I was torn between adding color and adding some sophisticated white. I decided to go with a triple dip and do it all.

I used paint I already had on hand from the basement project.  Benjamin Moore Ceiling white,  Citron  and Pablo Blue by BM. I went with the true dip line. It keeps with the playfulness of the three legged stool.  Those perfectly taped edges are so serious.



This photo makes we want to do something with those couch legs too. Oh and clean under there. Yeah, Oops.


Check out the other projects for the Winter Pinterest Challenge.
Follow me on Pinterest on the side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment