Sunday, August 7, 2011

God Save the Queen


I planted about three packages of wild flowers this spring.  I saw three Black-Eyed Susan type flowers which may have possibly come from the packages, so I am going to call the wild flowers a fail. Luckily we are living in a summer wonderland of Queen Anne's Lace which runs along both sides of our driveway. It makes me smile every time I come home.  I think most people consider Queen Anne's Lace a weed, but I am not going to weedwack, despite the fact that they are about four feet high and fast encroaching on our drive. The intricate blossoms remind me of snowflakes and I have to say I am looking forward to winter. I already bought my Snowboard Season Pass. That is quite the confession coming from a summer lovin' former lifeguard.

No comments:

Post a Comment